Precision OpticsGooch & Housego manufacture precision optical components and assemblies for applications in research, industry and defense. Our products for laser cavity and beam conditioning include active and passive components as well as nonlinear crystals. Our custom lenses and housed subassemblies find application in transmission and imaging.Much of our business involves creating high quality, custom optics for volume OEM applications and unique optics for research. Our ring laser gyro mirrors are used by every commercial airline in the world. We have provided 0.5x0.5 m KDP waveplates into national ignition facilities.From components to modules, the deep vertical integration of our supply chain allows us to maintain control over design, materials and processes, while ensuring quality and security of supply.
- compliance with international export regulations
- quality accreditations
- commitment to continuous improvement
- maximum security of supply
- adherence to demanding technical specifications
- low cost sourcing for uncontrolled components
- Corner cubes, prisms, alignment wedges
- Waveplates, retarders, depolarizers
- Mirrors, output couplers, calibrated leaky mirrors, attenuating filters
- Acousto-optic and electro-optic components
- Laser rods, frequency multiplying crystals
- Spherical, aspheric, and single point diamond turned lenses
- Magneto-rheological finishing (MRF®) linked to sub-aperture stitching (SSI) interferometery
- Optical coatings from deep UV, through visible and IR, to LWIR
- Doublets, triplets, housed subassemblies
- Advanced optical metrology
- Laser cavity and beam routing mirrors – high LDT coatings, enhanced metal coatings
- Synchrotron mirrors – low scatter, high surface figure, high surface quality
- Silicon carbide (SiC) mirrors – low mass, thermally stable mirrors for aerospace applications
- Ring laser gyro mirrors (RLGs), frames, and diaphragms – for navigation and guidance systems in aerospace and defense
Prisms for a variety of applications such as broadband imaging systems.
High laser damage threshold corner cubes used in laser rangefinders
Custom lenses are a key component for many transmission and imaging applications
SWIR Lens Assemblies
Precision SWIR for commercial and military aerospace, defense and research.
Integrated optics and electronics, build-to-print designs, and optical modules
High energy precision mirrors for laser cavities and demanding applications.
Synchrotron and Research Grade Mirrors
Superpolished optical components to serve high and low volume requirements
Plate and Cube Beamsplitters
Beamsplitter designs demonstrate superior laser damage performance.
Optical Windows and Flats
High performance optical windows and flats across a wide range of applications.
Waveplates used in the cutting edge of research for the NIF project.
High quality superpolished short radius of curvature optics
Ring Laser Gyroscope Components
Ring laser gyroscopes deployed in commercial aircraft, missiles and satellites
Highly integrated, superior performing, infrared optical components
High numerical aperture (NA) optical domes produced using precision tooling.
Gooch & Housego is the exclusive distribution partner for ML Optic