Gooch & Housego offers exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our six business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
Key focus of this role will be to transition an ISO9001 accredited QMS to the new 2015 version, driving through working level disciplines and controls into the manufacturing arena, while leading the drive for Continuous Improvement, with a focus on proactive deployment of quality and use of tools in addressing Cost of Non-Conformance as part of the journey towards becoming a Lean Enterprise.
Due to major investment in the Cleveland site to prepare for future growth, it is vital this candidate is ambitious and capable of progression. Therefore the following requirements have been identified in support of this:
- The successful candidate will have ideally worked within a technical environment for at least 3 years and be familiar with the requirements of either; ISO9000, AS9100 or ISO13485 along with preparing documents as part of the QMS. Additionally they will have been trained in LEAN/Six-Sigma and show active participation leading team events
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in an engineering discipline
- Proven ability with customer focus/interaction, while having a practical hands-on approach to dealing with issues
- Familiar with Quality /LEAN / Six-Sigma tools and methodologies in addressing process improvements and problem solving in a structured manner
- Ability of multi-tasking and demonstration of leading multi-functional projects.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with excellent analytical and spread sheet skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point
Resumes should be sent using the online application form below or to firstname.lastname@example.org with Quality/Continuous Improvement Engineer in the subject line.