Gooch & Housego offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teamsâ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our six business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
Key focus of this role will be the transition from AS9100 Rev C to Rev D, whilst deploying business systems that are robust and enable a more proactive deployment of quality early on in the product life cycle. High standards of customer engagement will be an essential part of securing new market/business opportunities, along with supporting group standardization initiatives aimed at underpinning future scalability. Matrix style organization will provide central group strategic direction whilst being part of the local management team with a dotted line relationship to the site General Manager.
Spear head the AS9100 transition. This will involve project managing all aspects of the transition; Gap analysis, overhauling the current QMS and the awareness training as part of the reorientation.
- Play an active role coordinating multi-functional projects for business system continuous improvements.
- Providing a mature customer facing lead role in ensuring effective issues management from initiation to closure.
- Work closely with other areas of the Global Quality function to deploy appropriate processes/tools and Continuous Improvement initiatives with a focus on Cost of Quality.
- Oversee the day-to-day quality activities:-
- Product verification; Identification of relevant regulatory requirements, Design Verification Test approval, Product Qualification Plan & Report approval, Independent Reviews within NPI process for Release to Manufacture. FAIR (1st Articles), Product inspection and test plans. Process Qualification /Verification.
- Customer Returns â root cause analysis/reduction
- Overseeing Quality related preventive actions to ensure a timely and effective implementation
- Material inspection, material rejection & supplier performance reporting & monitoring
- Supporting supply risk mitigation activities
- Accreditations, existing and new
- Internal audits, corrective actions, business process improvements and compliance audits
- KPI reporting for Scorecard and supporting action plans
- QMS Management Review
- Ensuring an effective equipment calibration system
- Customer support; audits, questionnaires
Email resume to: email@example.com
Gooch & Housego is an Equal Opportunity Employer