Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Experience of technical sales, with ability to discuss technical aspects of products.
- Overall awareness of photonics industry, products and key applications
- Capability to write customer reports as required, and experience of presenting technical data.
- Although not essential, preferred to have knowledge of the following areas: linear crystal optics, classical optics, glass material properties, as well as experience in the manufacture of optical components such as lenses, windows, prisms and birefringent elements
- Experience of product development life cycles
- Understanding of business decisions and experience of costing mechanisms
- Experience required in negotiating commercial position with customer, preferably with knowledge of large account management
- Mature presentation skills, of both commercial and technical nature
- Strong relationship building and management ability
- Established photonics industry contact network preferred
- Previous experience in Account Management
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Experience of managing major national accounts at head office level
- Ability to manage varied workload, with strong personal organisation skills
- Enthusiasm to develop skill set and welcoming of diverse challenges
- Keen to travel and develop relationship with customers of all cultures
- Strong skills for both internal and external communication
- Customer Focused
- Computer Literate
- Conscientious and reliable
Please apply online using the button below or forward a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Gooch & Housego is a equal opportunity employer.