About Gooch & Housego
Gooch & Housego is a technology business headquartered in llminister Somerset, UK with operations in the USA and Europe. A world leader in its field, the company researches, designs, engineers and manufactures advanced photonic products for applications in lasers, telecommunications, semiconductors & microelectronics, aerospace & defense and life sciences. With over 60 years heritage in photonic technology the company continues to grow by diversifying in both markets and technology.
- Experience of technical sales, with ability to discuss technical aspects of products.
- Overall awareness of photonics industry, products and key applications
- Capability to write customer reports as required, and experience of presenting technical data.
- Although not essential, preferred to have knowledge of the following areas: linear crystal optics, classical optics, glass material properties, as well as experience in the manufacture of optical components such as lenses, windows, prisms and birefringent elements
- Experience of product development life cycles
- Understanding of business decisions and experience of costing mechanisms
- Experience required in negotiating commercial position with customer, preferably with knowledge of large account management
- Mature presentation skills, of both commercial and technical nature
- Strong relationship building and management ability
- Established photonics industry contact network preferred
- Previous experience in Account Management
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Experience of managing major national accounts at head office level
- Ability to manage varied workload, with strong personal organization skills
- Enthusiasm to develop skill set and welcoming of diverse challenges
- Keen to travel and develop relationship with customers of all cultures
- Strong skills for both internal and external communication
- Customer Focused
- Computer Literate
- Conscientious and reliable
Gooch and Housego offers an excellent compensation and benefits program along with the opportunity to work in a technical environment with opportunities for growth in the global G&H organization. G&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for the above position, submit resume to: email@example.com with Precision Optics Account Manager noted in the subject line.