Responsible for both commercial and technical aspects of the product portfolio in order to provide support to the customer, as well as manufacturing and engineering as required in order to win and grow company sales. The role will include visits to the worldwide customer base and attendance at major tradeshows.
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Experience of technical sales, with ability to discuss technical aspects of products.
- Overall awareness of photonics industry, products and key applications
- Capability to write customer reports as required, and experience of presenting technical data.
- Although not essential, preferred to have knowledge of the following areas: linear crystal optics, classical optics, glass material properties, as well as experience in the manufacture of optical components such as lenses, windows, prisms and birefringent elements
- Experience of product development life cycles
- Understanding of business decisions and experience of costing mechanisms
- Experience required in negotiating commercial position with customer, preferably with knowledge of large account management
- Mature presentation skills, of both commercial and technical nature
- Strong relationship building and management ability
- Established photonics industry contact network preferred
- Ability to manage varied workload, with strong personal organisation skills
- Enthusiasm to develop skill set and welcoming of diverse challenges
- Keen to travel and develop relationship with customers of all cultures
- Strong skills for both internal and external communication
Please apply online using the button below or forward a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Gooch & Housego is a equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date 18 July 2014